The following information will hopefully answer some of your questions regarding how things operate at the club, but please feel free to ask for more info or if anything is not clear.
– To be recognised by the greater AFL community as the benchmark player development club in the Sydney AFL competition in all divisions.
– Players, Coaches, Staff, Volunteers, Parents commit themselves fully to the pursuit of excellence, through dedication to training, competition and lifestyle.
– The Club will operate a program that allows for any level of player experience to be catered for and improved, with the same attention to detail for all players from Coaching and support staff.
– Develop players to be capable of playing open age men’s football in the Sydney AFL Competition
– To continue our involvement with Junior Clubs that feed into Pennant Hills Senior Club to promote football in Sydney.
– To maintain a safe and supportive environment for players and supporters.
– To achieve on field success for the season.
At Pennant Hills we are very fortunate to boast one of the best physio teams in Sydney AFL covering all grades through Carlingford Active Health.
– If you receive and injury on game day or training you must advise your team physio or if they are not available your coach.
– Carlingford Active Health runs an injury clinic for our players on Monday night from 6:30pm which you are expected to attend if you have received any injury that may prevent you from playing or training at 100%.
– Carlingford Active Health also offers a sports or remedial massage service if required at a discount to club players and members.
– If you are attending the Monday injury clinic, or would like to arrange a general appointment, contact Carlingford Active Health directly on 02 9873 2770 or visit their website www.carlingfordactivehealth.com.au. Carlingford Active Health is located at 733 Pennant Hills Road, Carlingford NSW, 2118
– All players must pay for the compulsory medical insurance provided by JLT as part of their registration fees.
– We strongly recommend that all players are also covered by their own private health insurance to cover any gaps between Medicare and the JLT Insurance service.
– It is also strongly recommended that you get AMBULANCE COVER as part of your private health insurance, as this is often left out of standard health insurance packages.
PLAYER WELL-BEING and WORKLOAD MANAGEMENT
At Penno we are also fortunate to have access to some match day videos for players and coaches to use for individual and team based performance analysis.
– A simple user guide will be provided to you in pre-season with your login and password to access the Athlete Tracker system where the videos are located.
TEAM SELECTION PROCESS
Player selection process includes the following considerations;
– The players ability to physically and mentally handle the level being considered.
– Commitment to training, self improvement and attitude toward the club program.
– Football talent and ability.
– A players understanding of the game and team structures.
– Adaptability and versatility for the positions available and ability to follow the game plan
– Availability and special requests from Representative football groups such as Sydney Reps, State Reps and Academies.
Team selections are announced on Thursday night after training at the club BBQ at the ground or at West Pennant Sports Club.
CLUB EXPECTATIONS OF PARENTS AND PLAYERS
– Represent yourself and your club with pride and protect the Penno brand.
– Prepare yourself for peak performance (diet, lifestyle, recovery, training attitude, match day commitment).
– PLAYERS are to provide clear communication with coaching staff (e.g. if you cant make training or the game, advise the coach ASAP so that alternate arrangements can be made to cover you).
– Players families are expected to assist the club in some way. Penno puts a lot of effort into developing and supporting all players, so please make this a 2 way process. Come to functions and events, and volunteer where possible.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM COACHING STAFF
– Coaches are always available for advice and support both on and off the field.
– Coaching staff will work with you to identify your strengths and weaknesses, and sort out how to improve on BOTH.
– Coaching staff will ensure a fair and well balanced approach to game time and team selections to ensure club success.
– Coaching staff will NOT tolerate abuse, bullying or vilification of any person, either in our teams, the umpires or the opposition.
– Training starts at 6:30pm on Tuesday and Thursday evenings during the regular season at Mike Kenny Oval (MKO1), Greenway Park, Shepherds Lane, Cherrybrook, and also Sunday mornings from 9am till 10.30am
– Training is ALWAYS on, rain hail or shine, so plan to train no matter what, and bring the right gear for session.
– It is advisable to ALWAYS bring Joggers, Boots, Mouthguard, a towel and a change of clothes to all session (we WILL train in the rain) and no boots during pre season training are allowed by council.
– Gym programs are available for you to undertake at your own gym in your own time.
– For players who are not involved with Academies or Rep football, it is recommended that you try and do some form of gym work on Mondays and Wednesdays, as Field training at the club is Tuesdays and Thursdays.
– During the regular season try and have a full rest day on Friday to prepare for the Saturday match, then do some form of light exercise on Sunday as a recovery session (e.g. swim, walking or foam roller etc).
Please contact your coaches if you need more info about training, as some players may need to modify the program to meet individual needs such as work or study.
TRIAL GAMES AND MATCH DAY EXPECTATIONS
– There will potentially be 2 or 3 trial matches prior to the regular season which will be posted on team App and the club website.
– You are expected to purchase and wear a club polo shirt and hoody (or Jacket) to matches.
– You need to be at the ground no later than 1hr prior to start time (it is advisable to arrive earlier if you need attention from the physio pre game).
– Players are to meet in the middle of the ground for a team talk at half time of the proceeding match (or if there are no other matches 45 min before game time).
– The game plan will be revised 30 min before game in change rooms
– Warmup will start 20 min before the game time.
– Final team talk and drinks 3 min before the game time.
– At Quarter Time and 3 Quarter time you will break into your line groups (Backs, Midfield, Forwards) to review your game plans followed by whole group comments before returning to the field.
– At half time you will rest, then break into line groups to discuss the game plan followed by whole group comments before returning to the field.
– Fixtures will be linked from the club website to the Sydney AFL website where all matches will be listed and updated during the season.
– Fixtures will also be listed on the club calendar as soon as they are released by Sydney AFL
– Fixtures can also be found at www.sydneyafl.com.au
MEN’S REGISTRATION and FEES
– Men’s registration fees for 2021 are $475 and payment can only be made at athtracker.com.au/payment
– If you WERE registered with another club previously (including junior clubs), then you will need to complete a club transfer form PHAFL-Player-Transfer-form (3)
– If you were NOT registered with another club previously, and have never played AFL football for a club, then simply complete the online registration with Sydney AFL Click Here to Register
– For further information regarding registration for the Men’s team please click here