Following a successful 2017 season, our community based AFL football club is growing and we are planning possibly 3 new teams for the coming season.
Our teams for season 2018 are as follows:
• Premier Division Mens – Premiers in 2015 and 2017
• Division 1 Mens – Preliminary Finalist in 2017
• Division 2 Mens- Finalist in season 2017, Division 3 Grand Finalist in 2016
• Division 4 Mens- Division 5 Premiers in 2016
• Division 5 Mens – New Team for 2018
Comment: This will be a new team targeted at players who have never played previously, or for experienced players who want to continue playing this great game (but may not be available to commit to regular training or weekly games).
• Division 1 Women – Finalist in 2017 in only our second year.
• Division 2 Women – New Team in 2018
Comment: After just 2 years of fielding a Women’s team, we have had fantastic interest and good success on the field playing finals last season. Due to increased interest by Women and girls to join our club, we will be fielding 2 teams next season and seek coaches to join our current coaching panel in taking our program to the next level. At Penno, we don’t have boundaries between teams and again in season 2018, Women’s football is completely integrated into our football and club culture.
• Under 19’s Division 1 – whilst just missing the finals in 2017, 7 boys from this team played in our Premier Division Premiership team and season 2018 will bring a large number of new players from our associated junior clubs.
• Under 19’s Division 2 – New Team in 2018
Comment: Our youth is the cornerstone of our club and we invest time and resource into developing young players to maximise their football potential and preparing them for senior football, whatever grade they aspire to. We focus equally on our elite talent, as we do every other young player who just wants to maximise their football capability and enjoy our football culture. We are proud to be the club of choice that parents want their son’s to be associated with.
Coaching applications – If you have the ambition to contribute to our football club in a coaching or assistant coaching capacity and join our committed coaching panel, then we are interested in your application.
Please forward expressions of interest to Glenn Gunstone (Head of Football Department) via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call mobile 0418513568 for more information. Expressions of interest will close 25th November 2017.