How the auction works (live at the season launch and then continued online)
1. A list of pre-determined groups is created by the coaching panel and committee, of the Pennant Hills players who are eligible to represent the Club in the 2016 Sydney AFL competition. Each grouping includes players from Premier Division, Division 1, Division 3, Division 5, Under 19 and the inaugural Women’s team.
2. Each grouping is then auctioned off at the clubs season launch (to either individuals or syndicates) with the highest bidder at the end of the auction being listed on the clubs website for additional bids to be placed online.
3. The highest bidders on the live auction at the season launch will have a right of reply, and bidding will continue until closing date is reached and the Bidding process is then closed off at 9pm on 1st April
4. Successful grouping owners – return on investment;
• As the “successful bidder” or new “owner” of a grouping, you will be paid “dividends” – being cash or drink vouchers when one of the players in your grouping meets the following criteria;
• Weekly Cash prizes are awarded if your player is the first named best player for Pennant Hills on the Sydney AFL website in either Premier Division, Division 1, Under 19 Division 1 or Women’s Division.
• Weekly Drink Vouchers (6 beers from the club Bar) are awarded if your player is the first named best player for Pennant Hills on the Sydney AFL website in either Division 3 or Division 5.
• End of Season Cash prizes are awarded if your player
– Finishes 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Premier Division Best & Fairest count at the Presentation evening.
– Finishes 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Division 1 Best & Fairest count at the Presentation evening.
– Finishes 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Under 19 Division 1 Best & Fairest count at the Presentation evening.
– Finishes 1st in the Women’s Division 1 Best & Fairest count at the Presentation evening.
5. The exact dividends payable to the grouping owners will be determined at the completion of the auction process and will depend on the amount of money raised in the auction (amounts will be listed on the website once the auction is closed off and bids have been fully collected).
6. Please note that ALL bids are payable by 30th April 2016 unless other arrangements are made prior to that date.
1) Following the introduction of each grouping, bids will be taken until, in the opinion of the auctioneer, there are no more bids. The highest bids on the night are then posted on the club web site www.phafl.com.au and further bids may be made by referring to the website or by contacting Ian Parker Mobile – 0428 261 984 or send email to email@example.com until 9.00pm on 1st of April.
2) All dividends will be paid according to the percentages shown in the breakdown of payments (the breakdown of payments will be made available once final auction bids have been accepted and confirmed at the close of bidding, and the total prize $$ pool has been established).
3) If a player is bought and then misses matches through injury, suspension or unavailability, no portion of the investment is refundable.
4) The weekly payments in the Player Auction will run for all the home and away matches played by the Club in the respective Divisions. There will be no payments for finals matches. In the event of any ties in the Best & Fairest standings at the end of the season the money will be pooled (for the positions tied) and split amongst the owners of those players.
5) The amounts of the weekly payments will be rounded to $5.00 multiples.
6) Should a match not be played for any reason the weekly amounts will be held over for when the match is played? If the game is abandoned altogether the amount will be added to the end of year Best & Fairest pool and split as per the percentages shown on the breakdown of payments.
8) The final decision on any rules, or any matter that may have been overlooked, will be made by Ian Parker after consultation with the Club Committee.