The 52nd Annual General Meeting of the Pennant Hills Australian Football Club Inc. will be held at 7.30 pm on Monday 12th December 2022 at the Community Clubrooms, Mike Kenny Oval, Shepherds Drive, Cherrybrook, 2126. PHAFL AGM Notice
The business to be considered at the Annual General Meeting will be:
• Receive the annual report of the committee
• Receive the annual accounts, balance sheet and financial statements
• Election of Office Bearers for season 2023
• Life Membership
• General Business
All positions on the committee become vacant and we seek applications for:
- Vice President
- Football Manager
- Administration Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Operations Manager
- Governance Manager
- Ordinary Committee Members
There is always a need for the following and it is great if these come from the playing group:
- There is always a need for representation on the following sub-committees to help the successful running of the club, dissemination of information and success on and off field
- These guys identify what events are to be held, when, where, the promotion of, ticketing and services offered at club events and ensure sufficient and suitable people are assigned to run events as needed.
- The Head of football operations likes to have a body of players that can ensure that he is aware of any player issues/concerns to be raised with the committee. This is best if it is represented by both the Men and Women
- A head and team that are competent in interfacing with businesses with the goal of signing them up to sponsor the club
- This team assists in establishing membership packages and then promotes and sells them to aid in raising funds for the club and ensuring that our members are serviced properly.
- Work with Leanne Maguire in the promotion and sales of club merchandise to help lift the professional image of the club and raise revenue
- Plan the creation and execution of digital marketing and communications programs, both internally and in the wider community. Organise and promote the activities of the club through regular publications on social media platforms and within local marketing channels. We are also looking for volunteers to help assist with the main communications role.
The following is the process for the election of committee members. Those interested should review the constitution for clarification and nomination formats. The constitution is found on the club webpage here:Constitution
20) Election of committee members
- (1) Nominations of candidates for election as office-bearers of the Club or as ordinary members of the committee:
- a) must be made in writing, signed by two members of the Club and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate (which may be endorsed on the form of the nomination), and
- b) must be delivered to the secretary of the Club at least 7 days before the date fixed for the holding of the annual general meeting at which the election is to take place.
- (2) If insufficient nominations are received to fill all vacancies on the committee, the candidates nominated are taken to be elected and further nominations are to be received at the annual general meeting.
- (3) If insufficient further nominations are received, any vacant positions remaining on the committee are taken to be casual vacancies.
- (4) If the number of nominations received is equal to the number of vacancies to be filled, the persons nominated are taken to be elected.
- (5) If the number of nominations received exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, a ballot is to be held.
- (6) The ballot for the election of office-bearers and ordinary members of the committee is to be conducted at the annual general meeting in such a usual, and proper manner as the committee may direct.
Paid Position of Canteen Manager
We are also seeking a canteen manager for season 2023. This position will be paid $650.00 each home round weekend (9 of these throughout the season). They will be responsible for ordering the food required for the weekend, organising its delivery and storage, establishing canteen services for the weekend and allocating tasks to thr volunteers for the effective running and cleanup of canteen services on the home game weekends.