How good was it to have an uninterrupted full season of Australian Football in 2023, not a round lost due to poor weather or pandemics.
To have an Under 19 Division 2 team back after 7 years without one was a great achievement and has been very important for the future of the club. We look forward to introducing an Under 20 Women’s team in season 2024. These two divisions will continue to help strengthen the linkages with our junior feeder clubs and provide the start of a development pathway in senior football for participants.
As President I simply feel like a jockey, I sit atop to steer the direction of the club. It is the volunteers that do the power of work to achieve our goals. I want to thank the committee for the wisdom, can do attitude and hard work that made 2023 a success in a lot of measures. Off the field we achieved:
• A record for sponsorship revenue.
• Update of our constitution and committee structure to keep pace with growth.
• Completion of our storage facility with a secure section and securing the under-balcony area.
• Purchase of a new, high resolution, LED scoreboard.
• An inaugural preseason Women’s players camp.
• Financial and accommodation support from the club for the preseason camps.
• A strengthening of the development pathways through the grades for our players.
• New and enhanced strength and conditioning and player rehabilitation programs.
• Bringing the canteen back in-house.
• New club merchandise range.
• A coaching development program including junior feeder club coaches.
• Enhancement of our club development tool, athlete tracker, and filming of games.
• IT upgrades to the in-clubroom systems.
• First bespoke ANZAC round jumper and shorts, sponsored by Hornsby RSL Club, for our traditional clash against Inner West Magpies.
We should all be very proud of these achievements.
Not only are our facilities the envy of the competition but so is our culture – CLUB-TEAM-SELF. For a club that develops from within and doesn’t pay a player this is outstanding.
None of these achievements would have been possible without the tireless work of the committee, coaches, managers, and the many volunteers needed to run a club successfully. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your commitment to the club. I look forward to continuing to build on this and engage more volunteers to aid in advancing the club.
To our season 2023 Tier 1 sponsors thank you, we do not play the game we love without your continued support for the club and our football teams. Without your great support we could not provide what we do for our community.
• Pennant Hills Toyota
• ARA Group
• Ritera Electrical Wholesalers
• West Pennant Hills Sports Club
• Eylex Pty Ltd
Work is already underway in preparation for season 2024. With changes to the competition structure underway we look forward to even tighter competitions. Our aim is to build on season 2023 and bring home some premierships.
To this season’s award winners’ congratulations, you are the pride of the Pennant Hills Demons. To win such awards is recognition of your application, effort, and skills. To win peer voted awards is recognition from your mates of the positive contribution you have on those around you and your club, thank you. To those volunteers stepping down, thank you for what you gave you are a part of our success.
I look forward to continuing to work with you all on maintaining the club that is the envy of all.